- Sieve the flour into a large bowl, crack the eggs into another bowl, whisk and add the milk. Slowly mix the egg and milk into the flour stirring all the time, add a pinch of salt and sugar, and pass through a sieve into a clean bowl.
- Cook the pancakes using as little oil as possible, a good idea is to put oil in the frying pan tip it out and then every time you go to make a new pancake just wipe the surface of the pan with a paper towel with a touch of oil on it.
- Once you have made the pancake cover with cling film.
Homemade Dried Crumbs, Flour, 3 eggs plus 3 tablespoons of milk
- Lay 8 pancakes on a clean work surface and spoon a large tablespoon of the filling onto each pancake, brush the edges with the egg wash, fold over each side and roll up into a cylinder.
- Have three trays ready one with plain flour, one with the egg and the third with the breadcrumbs.
- Place the pancakes one by one into the flour then egg and finally the bread crumb making sure that each pancake is completely covered, place in the fridge until needed.
- Heat vegetable oil or sunflower in a deep fryer preferably to 180oc Deep fry the pancakes in small batches, keep warm in the oven until they are all cooked and serve with a wedge of lemon.